Thursday, February 19, 2009

R.I.P. Meredith Murray


I never met you Meredith but you have put a smile on many present and, I'm sure, future generations of Doherty High School theater students.  Meredith's father generously donated all of the costumes she created as a a Hollywood designer to Doherty, her alma mater. She graduated from the school in 1993. She died of an accidental overdose of antidpressants just 35 days after her mother passed away from cancer in May of 2008.  
A tragic story. 
 Meredith designed costumes and wardrobes that have appeared in numerous television shows and movies including "7th Heaven" and movies such as "He's Just Not That Into You," and "Fast Food Nation."
I was able to snap this little gem for a front page story of these Doherty students who were trying on the costumes for a rehearsal at the school.  They were so excited to have all those options.  It was nice to see.  I'm sure somewhere Meredith Murray is thrilled and happy to see all those happy faces.  I hope her family knows how much these kids appreciate what her father did for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meredith was the yearbook editor of her university's book during her senior year. Her class had lost a member and she made sure that Amy was remembered in the yearbook. I think the donation of the costumes is a positive way to honor Meredith's contribution to the world after graduation. I would love to donate a plague to honor Meredith to hang on the door to the costume shop, if you or someone from the school would agree and send me the school address. She was a very special young lady, a joy to work with and someone I shall never forget!
M.Feisal
405-491-6631 work #